How Deep Down the Rabbit Hole is the GOP?
Sorry for the delay between posts. As you read 3 or 4 posts back, I was getting over a virus. Well now my kids had it, so I was busy taking care of them. Everyone is healthy again, so now life can get back to normal. 🙂
So, in my opinion, there are two main types of people who are in the GOP today:
- Economic Conservatives – Believe less Government is Good
- Religious Conservatives – Let’s their believe in God drive their thinking and their vote.
For many years I was solidly in the ‘Economic’ part of the GOP. I’m still registered Republican mainly because I’m too lazy to fill out the paper work to switch parties.
Now there are two reasons I have moved away from the GOP and I am more of an ‘Independent’ voter today.
- The GOP is Anti-Science – The GOP is doing for Climate Change, for example, what they did for the smoking industry. BTW, what Gleick did was wrong, but nothing in those docs was shocking.
- God Rules a good part of the GOP – nuff said there.
Between God’s name being toss around the GOP left and right and their Anti-Science movement, the GOP is not living in reality. Now I have my problems with Dems as well, but crazy is wide spread in the GOP. All GOP players running for President have to deny science and praise God or they will get no votes in these races.
So this GOP race is perfect for seeing how much of a mess the GOP is! Let’s look at who we have:
- Romney: Normal Rich guy who wants power. Doesn’t really have much of a stand on most issues expect what can make him and his buddies money.
- Santorum: The God Vote
- Gingrich: The God Vote with Extra Crazy on the side (Moon Base? Really??)
- Paul: The Libertarian side of the GOP
Now per the Washington Post the race for Delegates stands:
- Romney: 123
- Santorum: 72
- Gingrich: 32
- Paul: 19
1144 needed to win.
So the ‘God’ vote (Santorum\Gingrich) is about equal to Romney. Now this isn’t looking in terms of number of votes, but in terms of Delegates which is what counts in these elections, but it’s still interesting to me how many will vote for Santorum\Gingrich when neither of which has any chance in a national race.
Also interesting is that Romney is only has 50% of the Delegates so far, which raises a question on if he will have a majority of Delegates going into nomination.
It really comes down to these next two votes on the 28th. Santorum is catching up in Arizona and is leading in Michigan. If Santorum takes at least one, then it’s going to be a war until Super Tuesday on the 6th.
Personally, I want Santorum to win. Bring out crazy God vote. Any woman who votes for him is nuts, unless you like being a 2nd class citizen in this country.
Bring it on! The only way we are going to start getting God out of politics in this country is to take it head on.