This is not board game, but it’s enough fun that I have to post it.
Skylanders is a great game that works cross platform with the Wii, Xbox360, PS3, Web Site, 3DS and IPad. The main game plays on the Wii, Xbox360 and PS3. The game itself is your basic 3 person shooter. What makes the game unique, is you are given with the game mini game characters to play in the game. These characters can level up and that information is stored on the mini, allowing you to transport your character to other people’s houses with its info intact. You can also buy new characters (which for awhile have been selling like hot cakes). These characters can also be used for the other Platforms. I’m going to focus on the IPad game, but here is the into for the main game.
In the IDevice game, it’s a straight shooter game with plenty of power ups and characters that you can unlock and upgrade. For those characters you brought for the other games, you can unlock those for free. Here is a video for it.
As you can see, it looks great and kid friendly. Lots of great sounds to go with it and I don’t know another IDevice game like it.
Cost of the game $.99. It’s a steal. The last video really shows everything about it, so I’ll stop here. It’s a lot of fun and if you are looking to shoot something this will easily scratch that itch.
Well this blog has been stepping more toward the Athiest and Politics side of the world lately and I want to change that. These issues are dear to me, but I want to try to toss in some gaming topics as well.
I plan to focus a bit on Boardgames on the IPad\IPhone. Which ones do I play and what I think of them, etc.
While I’m working on that, here is a Potholer follow up to another post to the Monckton debate.
Follow this link and just watch. I’ll be thinking about what rocks dream of..
So Thunderf00t and c0nc0rdance have stepped up with a few videos about their interview. c0nc0rdance takes the high road and takes Sye’s and Eric’s message apart:
It’s a good video, but really this video gives Sye more time then he deserves. Thunderf00t directly calls BS.
I agree with Thunderf00t that this position of Sye and Eric is directly because that if you look at the question of God from a fact and evidence point of view, there is nothing for the God agruement to stand on. All they have left to do is to appeal to your emotions that they are right, but please don’t look behind the curtain. Because if you do, then just like the Wizard of Oz, you find out very quickly that your God is false.
So Atheist has IMO smacked down any real discussion that God exists based on the Bible, etc. So now we have been seeing arguments like this one on the Magic Sandwich Show. The argument goes something like this:
- Assume God Exists
- You can know nothing without God
- Therefore I’m right and God exists and anything you say is wrong since you don’t ‘know’ God
Now if this seems childish, you’re right. It’s easy to prove God Exist if you assume to start with that God exist and it’s easy to shoot down anything others say since without God you know nothing.
Of course it’s easy to show that via the Scientific Method, etc. we do have knowledge of how this reality works. All this babbling double talk is just that: Babbling Double Talk.
Here is Part 1. You can follow the video if you want to watch the rest. I’m trying to get through it, but it’s just too much dishonestly on the part of Sye and Eric. Really, Eric Hovind seems to be a wall flower so far. I think he’s hoping that Sye can carry this battle for him, because he doesn’t seem able from the last Thunderf00t video that I posted. Thunderf00t discusses that talk with Eric Hovind on his blog. He’s a better man than I. I would need a few drinks before I engaged in this level of BS.
So I switched parties from the GOP to Democrat. However, someone didn’t tell the GOP that I switched so I got sent the Official Presidential Platform Survey for 2012. For fun, I’ll post the questions here and let you fill in your own answers. Enjoy:
Section I (Presidential Performance and Issues)
Do you believe BarackObama has used the presidency and the powers of his office to look out for the concerns and interests of Americans like you? (Yes/No)
Do you agree or disagree with the statement below? “President Obama inherited an economy losing 800,000 jobs a month and averted a worse economic mess while passing health care reform, saving the auto industry, killing Osama bin Laden and winding down the war in Iraq. He has done a good job and deserves to be re-elected” (Strongly Agree, Somewhat Agree, Somewhat Disagree, Strongly Disagree, Unsure)
How important is it to voters in your state for Republican candidates to give attention to the following issues during the 2012 campaigns? (Very\Somewhat\Not Important)
• Strengthening Border Security
• Defending the Constitution
• Reducing Federal Spending
• Keeping Taxes Low
• Exposing Obama’s Radical Left-Wing Policies
• Repealing ObamaCare
• Expanding Domestic Exploration for Oil and Gas
• Stimulating Job Creation in the Private Sector
• Reining in Government Employees’ Unions
• Demanding Free and Open Trade to get US manufacturing Growing
Section II (Economic Issues)
Do you believe that President Obama’s policies have helped make the economy better, had no impact on the economy, or made the economy worse? (Strongly Believe Better, Believe Better, No Impact, Believe Worse, Strongly Believe Worse, Unsure)
(The rest of this post is Yes or No Questions)
• President Obama has indicated that if reelected, he will fight to increase tax rates on individuals and families he considers to be ‘wealthy’. Do you support Obama’s position?
• Do you believe Congress should block President Obama’s efforts to raise the federal debt ceiling for borrowing and demand real cutes to federal spending?
• Are you concerned about inflation undercutting your savings, devaluing your home and increasing your cost of living?
• Do you believe that the policies of Barack Obama have helped created good jobs and improved the economy in your area?
• Do you support a federal Balanced Budget Amendment to the US Constitution to stop deficit spending in Washington?
Section III (Entitlement Spending)
• Would you support a phased in increase in the retirement\eligibility age for Social Security benefits that would not affect anyone over the age of 50?
• Do you support reforming the way the government pays for Medicare for future retirees – while preserving the existing program and options for those who utilize it?
• Should retirees be exempt from property tax increases on their residence?
• Would you support allowing individuals under the age of 50 to opt to put a portion of their Social Security withholdings into private accounts that they control, but cannot access without penalty until their retirement?
Section IV (National Security Issues)
• Has the Obama Administration done enough to counter Iran’s drive to acquire a nuclear weapon?
• Should the United States demand that Pakistan reform its military and intelligence agencies in order to receive military aid funds?
• Do you want our elected leaders to make stopping illegal immigration a matter of national security?
• Do you believe Obama’s strategy of treating all countries as equals to the United States has strengthened our security and weakened the resolve of our enemies?
• Do you agree that it is time to withdraw our troops from Afghanistan?
• Do you believe that the United States has done enough to ensure that Chinese markets are open and fair for imports from our nation?
Section V (Health Care Issues)
• Do you support immediate and total repeal of the ObamaCare health care legislation?
• Has the government and news media provided information to ensure that citizens have a good understanding of the composition, impact and costs of the Democrat-passed ObamaCare health care legislation?
• Are you concerned that Barack Obama and the Democrats intend for their ObamaCare legislation to eventually lead to the creation of ‘single-payer’ government run health insurance and health care system?
• Do you believe you can receive the same quality of health care and accessibility to quality care through a federal government run health care system?
Section VI (Value Issues)
• Do you support President Obama’s unprecedented decision to ignore federal law and order his Justice Department to stop enforcing and defending the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA)?
• Do you support the US Supreme Court overturning Roe vs. Wade to allow states to regulate/restrict abortion as they see fit?
• Do you believe life begins at conception?
• Should federal funds be provided to non-profit organizations whose primary function is conducting abortions?
• Do you support allowing parents to use government vouchers to send their children to the school of their choice be it public, parochial or private?
Section VII (The 2012 Campaign)
• Should the national Republican Party only support candidates who adhere to our conservative principles of low taxes small government, strong values and unwavering defense of our Constitutional freedoms?
• Do you believe the Republican Party needs to do a better job of exposing the Obama record and his radical liberal agenda?
• Are you committed to helping ensure that in 2012, the Obama-era of radical liberalism, reckless spending and embarrassing foreign policy comes to an end?