Return to Sender
So I switched parties from the GOP to Democrat. However, someone didn’t tell the GOP that I switched so I got sent the Official Presidential Platform Survey for 2012. For fun, I’ll post the questions here and let you fill in your own answers. Enjoy:
Section I (Presidential Performance and Issues)
Do you believe BarackObama has used the presidency and the powers of his office to look out for the concerns and interests of Americans like you? (Yes/No)
Do you agree or disagree with the statement below? “President Obama inherited an economy losing 800,000 jobs a month and averted a worse economic mess while passing health care reform, saving the auto industry, killing Osama bin Laden and winding down the war in Iraq. He has done a good job and deserves to be re-elected” (Strongly Agree, Somewhat Agree, Somewhat Disagree, Strongly Disagree, Unsure)
How important is it to voters in your state for Republican candidates to give attention to the following issues during the 2012 campaigns? (Very\Somewhat\Not Important)
• Strengthening Border Security
• Defending the Constitution
• Reducing Federal Spending
• Keeping Taxes Low
• Exposing Obama’s Radical Left-Wing Policies
• Repealing ObamaCare
• Expanding Domestic Exploration for Oil and Gas
• Stimulating Job Creation in the Private Sector
• Reining in Government Employees’ Unions
• Demanding Free and Open Trade to get US manufacturing Growing
Section II (Economic Issues)
Do you believe that President Obama’s policies have helped make the economy better, had no impact on the economy, or made the economy worse? (Strongly Believe Better, Believe Better, No Impact, Believe Worse, Strongly Believe Worse, Unsure)
(The rest of this post is Yes or No Questions)
• President Obama has indicated that if reelected, he will fight to increase tax rates on individuals and families he considers to be ‘wealthy’. Do you support Obama’s position?
• Do you believe Congress should block President Obama’s efforts to raise the federal debt ceiling for borrowing and demand real cutes to federal spending?
• Are you concerned about inflation undercutting your savings, devaluing your home and increasing your cost of living?
• Do you believe that the policies of Barack Obama have helped created good jobs and improved the economy in your area?
• Do you support a federal Balanced Budget Amendment to the US Constitution to stop deficit spending in Washington?
Section III (Entitlement Spending)
• Would you support a phased in increase in the retirement\eligibility age for Social Security benefits that would not affect anyone over the age of 50?
• Do you support reforming the way the government pays for Medicare for future retirees – while preserving the existing program and options for those who utilize it?
• Should retirees be exempt from property tax increases on their residence?
• Would you support allowing individuals under the age of 50 to opt to put a portion of their Social Security withholdings into private accounts that they control, but cannot access without penalty until their retirement?
Section IV (National Security Issues)
• Has the Obama Administration done enough to counter Iran’s drive to acquire a nuclear weapon?
• Should the United States demand that Pakistan reform its military and intelligence agencies in order to receive military aid funds?
• Do you want our elected leaders to make stopping illegal immigration a matter of national security?
• Do you believe Obama’s strategy of treating all countries as equals to the United States has strengthened our security and weakened the resolve of our enemies?
• Do you agree that it is time to withdraw our troops from Afghanistan?
• Do you believe that the United States has done enough to ensure that Chinese markets are open and fair for imports from our nation?
Section V (Health Care Issues)
• Do you support immediate and total repeal of the ObamaCare health care legislation?
• Has the government and news media provided information to ensure that citizens have a good understanding of the composition, impact and costs of the Democrat-passed ObamaCare health care legislation?
• Are you concerned that Barack Obama and the Democrats intend for their ObamaCare legislation to eventually lead to the creation of ‘single-payer’ government run health insurance and health care system?
• Do you believe you can receive the same quality of health care and accessibility to quality care through a federal government run health care system?
Section VI (Value Issues)
• Do you support President Obama’s unprecedented decision to ignore federal law and order his Justice Department to stop enforcing and defending the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA)?
• Do you support the US Supreme Court overturning Roe vs. Wade to allow states to regulate/restrict abortion as they see fit?
• Do you believe life begins at conception?
• Should federal funds be provided to non-profit organizations whose primary function is conducting abortions?
• Do you support allowing parents to use government vouchers to send their children to the school of their choice be it public, parochial or private?
Section VII (The 2012 Campaign)
• Should the national Republican Party only support candidates who adhere to our conservative principles of low taxes small government, strong values and unwavering defense of our Constitutional freedoms?
• Do you believe the Republican Party needs to do a better job of exposing the Obama record and his radical liberal agenda?
• Are you committed to helping ensure that in 2012, the Obama-era of radical liberalism, reckless spending and embarrassing foreign policy comes to an end?