My $.02 After the Election
OK, as a former GOP supporter for many years: GOP time to take heed that you pissed me off enough to not only just not vote for the GOP but to get up off my lazy butt and leave the party (my wife as well) and become a democrat. Want to know why you lost? Here you go!
Do I like the idea of less govt? Yes, but at this point, not at the cost of being in other people’s lives!
- Give Women some respect. You don’t give it and I’m a man. I can only wonder what the women think.
- Give Gays, etc. some respect. I don’t care what people do in their bedrooms as long as they are not hurting anyone.
- Give people of other races some respect.
- Give science some respect. It knows more than you do.
- Not all Social Programs are bad. Stop with the Big Govt. = Evil
- Not everything is better at the State level. Some things are, some are not. A lot of things can run better at the Federal level.
I know that religion drives a lot of the anti-woman, anti-gay, anti-science stuff. Plus these voters are great because they will vote with you all the time, but guess what… They make you look crazy to the young, the educated and minorities.
We’ve grown up. Going after the white male vote isn’t going to cut it. You need more and to really succeed, you are going to need to change big time.
I can see you don’t want to. Even now as I watch the news cycles, I’m not hearing about change. Just about trying to capture a small part of the hispanic vote to push the white vote over the top.
You need more! Go the way of Reagan and kick religion to the side. Realize as he did that it’s fool’s gold and not something to mix with Politics.