So, here’s the debate that I talked about earlier:
So, some quick thoughts:
- AronRa has to learn to dial back the tech talk a bit. I think he explains things well to someone like me who has a number of science degrees, but doesn’t have this subject in my wheelhouse. However, he not going to convince someone who doesn’t know about Evolution that it’s true. Keep it simple. Also, slow down a bit as well to give people a chance to understand your points.
- AronRa was also talking over Ray a bit too much. I understand he was trying to correct Ray who has no idea on how Evolution works, but if it is a debate, then each side should get a chance to speak their points without interruption.
- It was really hard to tell if Ray Comfort really couldn’t understand Evolution, doesn’t want to understand Evolution or he does understand and didn’t want to be boxed in a corner and have to admit it.
- In the end, AronRa won the… let’s say Argument rather than a Debate. Ray can only appeal to emotion here and has nothing really to say other than ‘Just look around, God Exists!’. Sorry Ray, but we have a very good idea how everything got here. Maybe not a 100% complete idea, but that’s no reason to add a God to the Equation.
I don’t really think it’s worth having another one of these until Ray has something better to add.
Live debate! Ray Comfort vs AronRa
live on Radio Paul’s Radio Rants
Monday Sept, 17th 2012 @ 7:00pm Pacific, 9:00pm Central
Crazy Creationist vs Biker Guy who looks like he is going to Hell. Bring Popcorn!
AronRa’s knowledge of evolution is excellent. He helped the fight against the Texas Board of Education’s stance to add Creationism in the classroom.
So Atheist has IMO smacked down any real discussion that God exists based on the Bible, etc. So now we have been seeing arguments like this one on the Magic Sandwich Show. The argument goes something like this:
- Assume God Exists
- You can know nothing without God
- Therefore I’m right and God exists and anything you say is wrong since you don’t ‘know’ God
Now if this seems childish, you’re right. It’s easy to prove God Exist if you assume to start with that God exist and it’s easy to shoot down anything others say since without God you know nothing.
Of course it’s easy to show that via the Scientific Method, etc. we do have knowledge of how this reality works. All this babbling double talk is just that: Babbling Double Talk.
Here is Part 1. You can follow the video if you want to watch the rest. I’m trying to get through it, but it’s just too much dishonestly on the part of Sye and Eric. Really, Eric Hovind seems to be a wall flower so far. I think he’s hoping that Sye can carry this battle for him, because he doesn’t seem able from the last Thunderf00t video that I posted. Thunderf00t discusses that talk with Eric Hovind on his blog. He’s a better man than I. I would need a few drinks before I engaged in this level of BS.
I’m not a big fan of the Show. I like all the people on it, but it rails on wayyyy too long. Still, I’m sure they will be talking about the Reason Rally.
If you are wondering about the show’s name, watch below. In short DonExodus below says that he has a sandwich that will fix cancer and it just go off from there…
Theoden (From Lord of the Rings): No parent should have to bury their child.
That goes double for grandchildren. Sorry for your loss.
So the Reason Rally is happening on March 24th on the National Mall. I don’t know if life will allow me to go, but I’m looking into it. I’m sure it will piss off Fox News. Should make it fun just for that!
So I’m watching a video from AronRa:
So the point of this video is (at least in part) to counter Thunderf00t’s point that religion is an ‘artifact’ that will die out from a new generation. So they take Thunderf00t to a megachurch, get lost in the parking lot because it’s so big and go into this huge church and talk about how much money it’s raking in.
Look I can understand where AronRa is coming from since he is living in the belly of the beast so to speak, but on the other hand in every poll you can find like this one Atheism or at least being Agnostic is on the rise.
Think about that. All the money these churches pull in and use to try to change your mind about God and yet they lose ground. Why?
I agree with Thunderf00t that the Internet has changed the playing field. Knowledge is power and the Internet allows the sharing of that knowledge on a level playing field. I think, within a time quicker than people think a critial mass will be reached that can not be dismissed by the politicians of the day.