Time for something more fun! Pandemic for the iOS is out!
I talked briefly about the Pandemic board game while talking about it’s Younger cousin Yggdrasil. I’ll repost Tom’s review of the game.
Pandemic is an excellent game, where the players work together against 4 viruses that are spreading across the globe. The players must find cures before the viruses get out of control.
I can’t speak enough of this game. I’ve played the boardgame to death and I still come back for more. Let’s give the good and bad points of this game.
- From top to bottom the interface is well done. I could pick up the game without looking at the instructions. New players are not going to be able to do that, but if you have played the boardgame before you should have no issue.
- Two New Roles have been added:
- Contingency Planner – May take a Event Card that has been played out of the discard pile and set it aside for later use. Does not count against the hand limit and may only have one of these set aside at a time. My thought: Seems a bit over powered.
- Quarantine Specialist – Prevents outbreaks and placement of disease cubes in the person current location and neighboring towns. My thought: Jury is still out for me on this, but an interesting twist.
- Pass and Play Only, no games over the Internet. Really everyone needs to look at the board and work together at the same time. Ansyc play with an open mic would really be nice (the iOS version of Tichu has this feature.)
- The game doesn’t even work with iOS Game Center at all for Achievements, etc. That’s just odd.
- The expansion On the Brink is not included. That would rock as an add on.
Overall, the game is excellent and is worth the $7. Considering the game doesn’t use the internet in any way, I’m guessing that it’s not finished and folks got it out there for the holidays. I would think Online Play will happen in some way in the future and that will only add to the game.